Reporting to the Senior Manager, Issuing, the position is responsible for the growth and support of the issuing card business portfolio.
- Creating opportunities through research and optimizing the portfolio by evaluating and re-evaluating all aspects of the card in terms of appeal (or lack of) to the customers then creating resolution strategies
- Ensuring that card collateral meets equipment specifications and monitoring daily change requests
- Looking beyond cards and focusing on ways to strengthen relationships with customers at every touch-point, building partnerships, identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships
- Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate accomplishment of goals by growing card utilization and spend
- Growing card portfolio balance whilst reviewing and providing monthly volume forecasts to partners
- Facilitating customer on-boarding, carrying out product training and ensuring end to end resolution of customer complaints to minimize attrition
- Managing the partner (vendor) contracts, including tracking of volumes for annual discounts
- Managing the card portfolio team, directing motivating and developing them to meet the portfolio, issuing agenda
Qualifications and requirements:
For this position, the successful applicant will be an experienced card specialist and marketing strategist. The applicant will be aware that portfolio optimization is the primary goal for this role. Achieving success in this role, the applicant must be customer centric, business-driven, and highly innovative, to ensure that he/she retains and optimizes relationships with low risk customers and generates high profits that are strategically important to the bank.
For the position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- A university degree in a business related field from an accredited university. Possession of a postgraduate degree or professional qualification in a business related field will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in general banking with 3 years’ experience in the following areas; relationship management, customer service, product development and people management.
- Additional experience is required in more specific areas like sales and marketing (3 years), card portfolio management (2 years), banking operations (2 years) and card services (4 years), VISA and MASTERCARD operations and regulations (3 years).
The above position is demanding for which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with a Certificate of Good Conduct that is not more than 6 months old.
To be considered your application must be received by May 4, 2015.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
JOB REF: RB 34/2015